Principles of Manual Handling Training
Anyone involved in manual handling activities will benefit from this training course to make sure they are working safely.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in manual handling activities
What will you learn?
Manual handling activities at work are a common cause of workplace accidents and longer term disorders such as back pain and reduced mobility.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
By the end of the session the student will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term "manual handling" and give examples.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principals for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
The candidates will be assessed by a multiple choice examination paper.
IOSH Managing Safely
Health and Safety training for managers, understand your responsibilities as a manager.
Health & Safety Training
Our Risk Management team offer a number of training courses from Asbestos Awareness to updates on CDM regulations.
We tailor to individuals who require higher levels of cover and who appreciate the additional benefits that an increased level of cover can bring.
Health & Safety Packages
We offer the services of fully qualified risk management consultants who have a wealth of experience dealing with businesses such as your own.